Riders could see views across the city on the 60m wheel
The owners of the Nottingham Eye say they are in talks with the council about its possible return to the city.
Tens of thousands of people rode on the temporary attraction, which had been in the city's Old Market Square since 8 February.
Rides finished on Sunday and workmen are currently dismantling the 196ft (60m) wheel.
James Mellors, director of the Eye, said the ride had been a success and he would like to see it return.
He said: "It's not just been people from Nottingham (riding the eye), it's been people from other local cities too... even as far afield as Skegness.
"We are sad to leave, being a Nottingham company it's been great to see it in our own city."