[an error occurred while processing this directive]
BBC News
watch One-Minute World News
Last Updated: Tuesday, 15 May 2007, 06:59 GMT 07:59 UK
Static caused glue factory fire
Adhesive factory fire
The fire destroyed the factory on the Earlstrees industrial estate
A fire at an adhesives factory was caused by static electricity, investigators have found.

The blaze, at Caswell Adhesives in Corby, Northamptonshire, destroyed the building and engulfed part of the town in thick black smoke.

More than 35 firefighters had to be treated in hospital after breathing in chemical fumes.

An investigation has found that a discharge of electricity ignited combustible vapours.




VIDEO AND AUDIO NEWS
Smoke from the glue factory fire could be seen for miles



SEE ALSO
Blaze destroys adhesives factory
08 May 07 |  Northamptonshire

RELATED INTERNET LINKS
The BBC is not responsible for the content of external internet sites



FEATURES, VIEWS, ANALYSIS
Has China's housing bubble burst?
How the world's oldest clove tree defied an empire
Why Royal Ballet principal Sergei Polunin quit

PRODUCTS & SERVICES

Americas Africa Europe Middle East South Asia Asia Pacific