Police say Ms Lawrence may have had a "complex" private life
The detective probing the disappearance of York chef Claudia Lawrence has again urged men who had a relationship with the 35-year-old to come forward.
Det Supt Ray Galloway said it was vital they got in touch and that their information would be handled in a "discreet, confidential" manner.
Miss Lawrence, who vanished 11 weeks, kept some relationships secret from her family and friends, police said.
Mr Galloway said some men had already come forward voluntarily.
He said: "I would particularly like to appeal to people who were either involved in a relationship, friendship, acquaintance with Claudia that was being conducted discreetly, or anybody who knew of a friend, neighbour, a colleague who was involved in such a relationship."
The opportunity for people to come forward and rely upon my confidence is an opportunity that will perish over time
Det Supt Ray Galloway
He added: "I need to encourage people. I need to convince them that I can deal with them in confidence , and I will do.
"However, the opportunity for people to come forward and rely upon my confidence is an opportunity that will perish over time.
"If they want me to be discreet, confidential and controlled in the way that we deal with them, well, they need to come forward now."
The detective would not disclose the kind of relationships Miss Lawrence may have been involved in, but he ruled out any involvement with escort agencies or dating agencies.
He said it had been suggested the emphasis of the inquiry was looking at married men who had a relationship with Miss Lawrence, but he said that was "definitively not the case".
Mr Galloway said Miss Lawrence was a "young, beautiful, single woman" who would have been involved in relationships and that there was "nothing at all wrong with that".
He said: "It is because people have been candid and honest with us that we need to encourage that kind of honesty and it helps us critically understand Claudia.
"To understand her lifestyle and to understand where she may have been vulnerable to risk."
An appeal on the BBC's Crimewatch programme on Tuesday generated more than 60 calls.
She was last seen near her home in Heworth, York, on 18 March and failed to arrive for her early morning shift at the University of York's Goodricke College the following day.
Her disappearance is being treated as suspected murder.
This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so.