The baby stoat which nearly drowned was suffering from hypothermia
A water company worker saved a baby stoat found drowning in a water butt by giving the stricken animal a heart massage, the RSPCA said.
The creature was found barely alive with another stoat in Marham on Friday 29 May.
The animals were taken to RSPCA East Winch Wildlife Centre suffering from shock and dehydration. Staff said they would shortly be ready for release.
The stoat which nearly drowned was also suffering from hypothermia.
'Almost certain death'
Staff at the centre worked to get them warm and give them fluids.
RSPCA East Winch Wildlife Centre manager Alison Charles said: "When the stoats came in they were lethargic and weak.
"I am very pleased that they are well on the way to recovery now.
"Although we would not recommend someone trying to do CPR on a wild animal, their rescuer saved them from almost certain death and did a great job of helping them to survive. "
The centre is one of three wildlife centres run by the RSPCA in England.
It works to rehabilitate sick, injured and orphaned wild animals and birds before releasing them back into the wild.