Page last updated at 14:06 GMT, Thursday, 4 December 2008

Paras deny Afghanistan sex attack

The Ministry of Defence has said nine soldiers are to appear before a court martial next April accused of indecently assaulting another soldier.

The paratroopers will face court in Colchester, Essex, over an alleged incident in Helmand Province, Afghanistan, in 2006, which they deny.

Eight men have been charged with "disgraceful conduct of an indecent kind", according to the MoD.

A ninth is also charged with neglecting his duty by failing to intervene.

A spokesman for the military court said all nine men entered not guilty pleas when they appeared at the court last week.



Print Sponsor



FEATURES, VIEWS, ANALYSIS
Has China's housing bubble burst?
How the world's oldest clove tree defied an empire
Why Royal Ballet principal Sergei Polunin quit

BBC navigation

BBC © 2014 The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites. Read more.

This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so.

Americas Africa Europe Middle East South Asia Asia Pacific