Bulldozers have been blocked from starting to demolish hundreds of houses after a resident gained a last-minute injunction.
Developers wants to spend £350m regenerating the area
Campaigners want to preserve the Victorian homes which are in the way of proposals to turn all of Edge Lane in Liverpool into a dual carriageway.
About 400 people could be forced to sell homes under regeneration plans.
The council and Liverpool Land Development Company (LLDC) announced they would start demolition last week.
Now, developers will be in contempt of court if work begins on Monday.
LLDC had said the work would "pave the way for new homes to be built as part of the overarching regeneration plans for the area, replacing the run down properties with modern, well-designed attractive accommodation."
Mrs Pascoe challenged the CPO granted to English Partnerships
It said the demolition would involve properties already in public ownership, gained by agreement.
The company said it was separate to a challenge to compulsory purchase orders (CPO) sent to residents from English Partnerships in 2005.
Resident Elizabeth Pasco, 60, of Edge Lane, challenged the CPO in the High Court last month and won her case.
The judge ruled that Mrs Pascoe's right to private and family life had been violated by the order.