A hamster was rescued by firefighters after it got its head stuck between the bars of its cage.
The pet's owner took it to her local fire station in Ellesmere Port, Cheshire, after the rodent wedged its head between the narrow metal bars.
Firefighters used cutting gear usually saved for removing jewellery, like rings stuck on fingers.
A fire service spokesman said: "It was certainly a very unusual job. The owner and hamster were both very relieved."
The hamster was said to be uninjured and is now recovering at home following its ordeal.