Football star Wayne Rooney has had a driving conviction overturned.
Rooney's solicitor had asked for an adjournment
Police pulled over the Manchester United striker - who scored a hat-trick on his debut on Tuesday - when he was driving a BMW X5 in Liverpool on 6 May.
The 18-year-old was convicted of driving without insurance and failing to produce his licence and documents by Liverpool magistrates last Thursday.
The court overturned his conviction on Wednesday saying there had been an "administrative error".
The player's solicitor, Nick Freeman, said he had requested an adjournment but the case had still gone ahead.
"The conviction arose as a consequence of an administrative difficulty whereby my firm sent a letter by fax requesting an adjournment but the court did not marry it up with the relevant papers in time for the
hearing," he said.
On Wednesday, his licence and documents were brought to court and the prosecution agreed to take no further action. Last week's conviction was withdrawn.
Mr Freeman said outside court: "The problem was that documentation is often kept with agents and it is not always easy to get your hands on it in time and
that is what happened with Wayne Rooney."
The teenager played his first game for Manchester United on Tuesday, scoring three goals in their 6-2 victory over Turkish side Fenerbahce in the Champions League at Old Trafford.