A man died after he stubbed and cut his toe on a piece of a coral on holiday in Florida, an inquest heard.
Keith Clarke, 59, of Sale, Greater Manchester, was swimming with tropical fish when he caught his toe on rock at Discovery Cove in Orlando.
His toe went purple after it came into contact with the rocks which were implanted with living coral and three days later he collapsed at the airport.
Manchester Coroner Nigel Meadows recorded a verdict of accidental death.
Mr Clarke, an insurance clerk and a father of two, was diagnosed with septic shock and organ failure by a hospital in Florida.
He was flown to the UK by air ambulance and doctors at Wythenshawe Hospital amputated his legs below the knee.
Mr Clarke was transferred to Manchester Royal Infirmary where he died of multiple organ failure caused by group B streptococcal septicaemia.
The inquest heard he had been diagnosed with haemophilia as a child, which would have left him more prone to complications when he suffered the cut.