The case of a boy who was being prosecuted for assault after allegedly throwing a sausage at a neighbour in a row has been dropped.
The 12-year-old was accused of throwing the cocktail sausage at a 74-year-old man in Woodhouse Park, Greater Manchester on 11 August.
The case was adjourned to allow medical reports to be carried out.
But crown prosecutors threw it out after it was revealed he has Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder.
The victim, who believed he had been hit with a stone, had told police it was the latest in a series of incidents in which he had been intimidated by local youths.
Greater Manchester Police said at the time that charging the boy was the only option because he had previously been issued with three reprimands.
The boy, who is from Wythenshawe, has appeared at Manchester Youth Court several times and was due to appear again on Tuesday.
A notice of discontinuation has now been issued.