A planned two-day strike by more than 1,200 bus drivers in Manchester has been called off.
Further strikes in December could also be called off
Stagecoach drivers in the city were set to stage walkouts on Tuesday and Thursday in a protest over pay.
But the firm has now announced drivers will be balloted over a new wage deal following successful talks at the conciliation service ACAS.
Further 24-hour strikes planned for 1, 3, 5 and 7 December will also be called off if the deal is accepted.
The company's drivers have already rejected a 4.5% pay increase offer and union officials have previously said they were seeking a 6% rise set for 12 months.
A Stagecoach spokesman said more information on the new wage offer would be released on Tuesday.