A teenage scuba diver was electrocuted as he tried to help a friend during a "trip of a lifetime" to Fiji.
Luke Molnar, 17, of Greater Manchester, died after touching a metal washing line that was in contact with power cables brought down in severe storms.
He had rushed to help a colleague who had suffered an electric shock in Tokoriki, west Fiji, on Tuesday.
Luke, who was on the island for a coral reef conservation project, suffered a heart attack and died almost instantly.
His family paid tribute to him, saying how proud they were of the boy who loved nature and who always "lived life to the full".
Speaking from the family home in Stretford, his mother Gill, said: "He was a wonderful son. Diving was his passion.
"He loved anything to do with nature and was so excited about going away.
"Luke went out there to do what he loved best, which was diving. He was really keen to do anything he could to help save the coral reefs.
"We thought it was a chance of a lifetime for him. He wasn't really sure what he wanted to do as a career in the future and this was a wonderful opportunity for him."
Luke flew out to the Pacific island about three weeks ago to join the month-long conservation project.
He was a pupil at Knutsford High School and had just finished his first year of his AS Levels.
Pete Raines, chief executive of Coral Cay Conservation, the group which organised the trip, said Luke was a highly valued member of the team.
He said: "It appears as though this was just a tragic accident.
"The whole team are in shock. They all have to work very closely together and got to know each other very well.
"Our sympathies go to his family back home. He will be very sadly missed."