A series of monuments, buildings and graves linked to the anti-slavery movement in the 1800s have been given listed status by English Heritage.
Thomas Buxton was a leading anti-slavery campaigner
They include the Buxton Memorial Fountain in Millbank, Westminster, built to commemorate anti-slavery campaigner Thomas Fowell Buxton.
Also given listed protection are several graves of anti-slavery pioneers in London.
The listings are to help mark 200 years since the end of the slave trade.
The Buxton Memorial Fountain, unveiled in Parliament Square in 1865, has already been listed but has been upgraded from Grade II to Grade II*. Grade II* are particularly important buildings of more than special interest, according to English Heritage.
Tombs and churches
Mr Buxton was an MP who took over as the leader of the abolitionist movement in the House of Commons from William Wilberforce, who retired in 1825.
Mr Buxton led a parliamentary campaign to abolish slavery in the British Empire.
He also formed the Anti-Slavery Society in 1823 alongside Wilberforce, Zachary Macaulay and Thomas Clarkson.
The tombs of anti-slavery campaigners of Samuel Lucas and Margaret Bright Lucas in Highgate Cemetery and James Stephen at the Old Church of St Mary, Stoke Newington in north London, have been listed for the first time.
The Church of Holy Trinity, Clapham Common, in south London, has been listed, as have warehouses and general offices at Western End of North Quay, West India Road in Poplar, east London.
The buildings have a strong link to the slave trade because they were built to receive goods produced by slaves on West Indian plantations.