A three-day strike by thousands of Tube maintenance workers has been called off after plans to transfer jobs from one company to another were scaled down.
The RMT's Bob Crow said he was happy with the settlement
The Rail Maritime and Transport Union (RMT) had threatened industrial action if around 250 jobs were transferred.
But it called off Sunday's strike after Metronet, which maintains two-thirds of the Underground network, made what the RMT called "a dramatic about-turn".
Metronet said that it would now only be moving 200 staff to its parent company.
The dispute arose over moves to transfer posts and individuals from Metronet to Bombardier Transformation.
Talks between the RMT and Metronet were said to have collapsed earlier on Friday.
RMT general secretary Bob Crow described the settlement as "the sensible outcome we sought for from the start".
He added: "Our Metronet members deserve congratulating for standing solidly together to defend their organisation, jobs and conditions and to prevent further dangerous fragmentation."
According to the union escalator refurbishment will no longer be outsourced, while talks would be held aimed at bringing cleaning contracts and lift refurbishment back in-house.
Metronet said the deal meant an additional 49 maintenance managers would now remain in Metronet employment.
"The RMT was prepared to stop London for the sake of 49 fleet maintenance staff transferring from one private company to another," said a spokesman.
"We will not allow the potential disruption to hundreds of thousands of passengers and for businesses to lose millions of pounds over the transfer of 49 staff."