Seven people have been arrested after a 16-year-old boy was shot dead at Streatham Ice Rink in south London.
Police said there were about 300 people in the venue at the time of the shooting, at 2255 GMT on Saturday.
The victim, named by police as James Andre Smartt-Ford, was taken to a south London hospital but was pronounced dead.
Six youths and an 18-year-old are being held at south London police stations over the shooting.
The arena was closed on Sunday while officers searched for evidence. No weapon has so far been recovered.
Superintendent Gary Richardson said the victim's family were in shock.
"His family are devastated. He is a 16-year-old boy who has gone to the ice rink."
There were up to 300 young people aged in their late teens and early 20s at the rink when the shooting took place at about 11pm.
Mr Richardson added: "It would appear that he had been shot outside the rink and ran on to the rink and fell over because of the injuries he has received."
He said police were still trying to build up a picture of exactly what happened.
"Did the gunman target a gang of individuals, him on his own or indeed was it that he was not the intended target?" said Mr Richardson.
It remains unclear when the ice rink will re-open.