Children have returned to two south London schools which were forced to close early on Friday amid threats of gang-violence.
More than 2,000 pupils from Peckham Academy, Peckham, and Harris Girls' Academy in East Dulwich were sent home following police advice.
It is thought the move was linked to a murder in nearby New Cross last week.
Peter Crook, principal of the Peckham Academy, said the incident had nothing to do with the school.
"We responded to police advice that there was some intelligence there was going to be a problem in the street outside, not at the gate... but in the area.
"We were caught up in the middle of this really... and now we are trying to get on with our work," he said.
Police advised head teachers to end the school day early on Friday and patrols were stepped up over the weekend and for the Monday morning school run.
Scotland Yard said they had received information about possible violence.
Gang on bikes
Supt David Chinchen said the information was "very specific and all precautions needed to be taken".
It is thought it may have been linked to the murder of Jason Gayle-Bent last Sunday.
The 29-year-old was stabbed to death near his home in south-east London after a gang on bikes rode up to him and fired shots.
Two youths, aged 15 and 16, arrested on Friday over the murder of Mr Gayle-Bent have been released on bail.
A further six youths, questioned about the murder, have also been bailed.