[an error occurred while processing this directive]
BBC News
watch One-Minute World News
Last Updated: Saturday, 9 July, 2005, 17:10 GMT 18:10 UK
Search continues for loved ones
Police with a missing persons poster near Tavistock Square
Posters of missing people have been put up all over London
Families and friends of Londoners continue their desperate hunt for those who have been missing since Thursday morning's Tube and bus bombings.

Leaflets bearing pictures of loved ones not heard from since the devastating blasts have been printed and are being handed out at the bomb sites.

Posters of missing people have been pinned up outside King's Cross station where at least 21 people were killed.

Others fear their relatives may have been on the bombed number 30 bus.


Laura Webb, 29, left her home in Islington, north London as usual on Thursday morning to get to work in Paddington.

Laura Webb: Picture supplied by Robert Webb
Laura Webb was on her way to work

But she has not been heard from since and her brothers Robert Webb, who has travelled from Cardiff, and David were continuing their search on Saturday morning.

"Our sister is missing. We don't know where she is," Robert Webb said.

"This is a very upsetting and very traumatic time for us but we have to remain confident that we will hear from her soon."

The two brothers and Miss Webb's boyfriend, who she lives with, have phoned the casualty hotline and searched hospitals looking for her.

"This was an atrocious attack on the people of London but we will keep doing everything we can to find our sister."

Her boyfriend Chris Driver, 28, added: "I just hope she may have knocked her head or something like that, and that she is somewhere being looked after."


Gous Ali last heard from his girlfriend Neetu Jain, 37, at about 0930 BST on Thursday, telling him she had been evacuated from Euston station and was getting a bus to her place of work in Old Street.

Neetu Jain: Picture from Gous Ali
Neetu Jain could have been on or near the bombed bus

He fears she may have been on the number 30 bus or in the Tavistock Square area when it exploded.

"I feel absolutely sick. Every moment that goes by without me hearing anything about Neetu makes things worse," the 32-year-old property developer from Hendon, north London, said.

"The casualty bureau is not much use - they just take your name and number and say they will get back to you.

"Really, there's no-one that can sit down and help me."


Yvonne Nash, 30, says she fears partner Jamie Gordon was killed in Tavistock Square.

Ms Nash said City worker Mr Gordon, 30, would not normally have taken that route into work from their home in Enfield, north London, but had stayed at a friend's house on Wednesday night.

He had called his firm, City Assets Management, at 0942 BST on Thursday to say he was on a bus.

Five minutes later, the number 30 bus travelling from Hackney to Marble Arch was blown apart.

"I just have to find him. I have to know what happened.

"We are just trying to keep going. Is he dead? Is he alive? Not knowing is dreadful."


Friends of Anthony Fatayi-William have been searching hospitals since he disappeared on his way to work in central London.

Anthony Fatayi-William with a friend
Friends have been searching for Anthony Fatayi-William since Thursday morning

He is thought to have tried to make his way to King's Cross, via Euston, by bus after delays on the Northern Line prevented him getting to his work near Liverpool Street station.

His best friend Amrit Walia said Mr Fatayi-William had tried to call his mobile at 0839, but he had missed the call.

"He has not contacted a single one of his friends since yesterday morning and his mobile phone is constantly on voicemail," Amrit said.

"He is usually very conscientious and would have called if only to check everyone else was OK."


The last anyone has heard from Philip Russell, 28, a finance manager, is when he called into work after being evacuated from Euston station at about 0930 BST to say he was going to be late.

Philip Russell: Picture provided by Grahame Russell
Philip will be 29 on Monday

His father, Grahame, fears he may have been on the number 30 bus.

Mr Russell from Tonbridge, Kent, said: "We are all desperate - we want to know what has happened to our son. We just hope that he is OK."

Philip who lives in the Kennington area of south London was trying to get to his place of work in Moorgate.


Sanrizz, a hairdressers near King's Cross, is also asking for help in tracing one of its stylists Phil Beer, 22, from Borehamwood, north London, who was last seen by one of his colleagues trying to escape the wreckage of the Tube explosion by King's Cross.

Phil Beer: Picture supplied by Sanrizz
Hairdresser Phil Beer was last seen trying get free from the train wreckage

"If anyone can offer any information as to the whereabouts of Phil this would be greatly welcomed by his anxious family and colleagues," a spokesman for the company said.

His sister Stacy, 24, said she and her parents Phil and Kim were feeling "emotionally drained".

"It's the wait that's the worst," she said. "There is nothing we can do."


Nazmul Hasan said he was desperately trying to find his niece Shahera Akther Islam, 20, from Plaistow, east London, who went missing as she used the Tube to go to her work at the Co-operative Bank.

Shahera Akther Islam
Shahera Akther Islam was on the Circle Line

Mr Hasan, 25, from Whitechapel who is a trainee actuary, said his niece was on the Circle Line going through Liverpool Street at the time of the bomb blast.

He said she did not go to work on Thursday and has not returned home where she lives with her father Shamsul and mother Shopma.

"I am trying to keep my hopes alive for her, I am hoping she is in hospital somewhere, " said Mr Hasan.

"Her mother and father have fallen to pieces over this."

Miss Islam is described as 5ft 5in with brown eyes, fair skin and brown hair.


Karolina Gluck's boyfriend Richard Deer has not heard from her since she left her home near Finsbury Park, north London, for her place of work in Russell Square - the scene of one of the bombings.

Karolina Gluck
Karolina Gluck worked in Russell Square
He contacted her work who told him that she could well be in the building conducting her daily duties.

But as the tragic events of the day unfolded he still did not hear from her. He has called the casualty bureau and the Polish Embassy.

He then went to several London hospitals in the early hours of Friday to try to find Karolina - who he describes as his "sunshine" - without luck.

Her twin sister Magda said: "We are really worried. We don't know what's happened to her. The worst thing is waiting for a phone call."


Connie Law, 33, and her mother Elena Law, 72, visited the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel, east London, to look for missing family friend, Mihaela Otto.

The 47-year-old dental technician is thought to have been travelling on the Piccadilly Line between King's Cross and Russell Square.

Connie said: "Her family were called by her work to say she hadn't turned up.

"They tried to contact her on her mobile but haven't been able to. Her family are quite distraught."

They spoke to police at the hospital but there was no record of Ms Otto being admitted.

She is described as 5ft 2in, medium build, with short, brown hair and brown eyes. She was wearing a blue hooded top, blue jeans and white Reebok trainers.


Relatives said Miriam Hyman, who is in her 20s, and comes from Finchley, north London, had last been heard from at around 0930 BST on Thursday when she was outside King's Cross station.

Miriam Hyman
Miriam Hyman's family have searched hospitals

"I called her on her mobile shortly after 9.30am when I heard what was happening on Radio 5," said her father, John, who is in his 70s and is retired, and also comes from Finchley.

"We are checking hospitals and contacted the police. It may be that she is in hospital suffering from shock or has lost her purse with her identification in it.

"We would appeal to anyone who knows anything of her whereabouts to please get in touch."

Friends posted notices at King's Cross with Ms Hyman's photograph and contact details.


Friends of Christian `Njoya' Small have been checking hospitals after not hearing any news since he left for work on Thursday morning.

Christian Small
Christian Small worked in Holborn

Mr Small, 28, from Walthamstow, east London, who works in advertising sales left his flat at 0800 BST on his way to work in Holborn. He never arrived.

His route would have involved changing to the Piccadilly Line from Victoria either at Finsbury Park or King's Cross.

His best friend Andrew Togobo said: "We are just really worried now but are hoping he might be just trapped."


Friends of James Mayes took photographs of the missing 28- year-old to the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel in a bid to track him down.

James Mayes
James Mayes' friends are trying to find him

Praveen Wignarajah said no one had heard from James since he left his flat in Islington, north London, on Thursday morning.

James, who works as an analyst for the Healthcare Commission, is believed to have travelled through Kings Cross station on his way to a seminar.

Mr Wignarajah said: "We think that he caught the Tube down to King's Cross and then got on the Piccadilly Line towards Holborn.

"We haven't heard anything from him, nor have his family and my priority now is to help them find James."


 Monika Suchocka
Monika Suchocka told colleagues she was running late and would take the bus

A friend of Monika Suchocka, a 23-year-old trainee accountant from Poland, said she called her West Kensington place of work at 0840 BST to say she would be late and would take the bus.

Friend Magdalena Dondelewska, 24, said: "We just don't know what happened after that."

Ms Suchocka lives in Archway, north London.


A friend of 19-year-old Parisian waiter Slimane Ihab said he feared for his safety after he boarded a Tube from Finsbury Park, where he lived.

Xavier Rebergue said Mr Ihab, who has been in England for three weeks, did not arrive at the restaurant in Piccadilly Circus where he worked.

Mr Ihab's father was due to come to London from Paris on Friday.


Behnaz Mozakka, 47, a biomedical officer at Great Ormond Street Hospital, has not been seen since leaving her home in Finchley, north London, at 0800 BST to begin work an hour later.


Ciaran Cassidy, 22, who lives with his parents in Finsbury Park, was last seen heading into work in Chancery Lane.


Elizabeth Daplyn, 26, a manager in the neuroradiology department of University College London, has not been seen since she travelled to work on the Piccadilly Line to Russell Square.


Rachelle Lieng Siong Chung For Yuen
Friends are trying to trace a rail worker who said she recognised Rachelle

The husband and friends of Ms Chung For Yuen, 27, have been handing out leaflets across the West End and at stations and hospitals in London in a desperate bid to find her.

"She was travelling from Mill Hill and would have gone through King's Cross," one friend told BBC News.

He said a worker at King's Cross station earlier told them she recognised Ms Chung For Yuen from a photograph shown to her.

They are now trying to trace the GNER employee again for further clues.

Ms Chung For Yuen was wearing a smart dark trouser suit and frameless glasses on the day she disappeared.


News Front Page | Africa | Americas | Asia-Pacific | Europe | Middle East | South Asia
UK | Business | Entertainment | Science/Nature | Technology | Health
Have Your Say | In Pictures | Week at a Glance | Country Profiles | In Depth | Programmes
Americas Africa Europe Middle East South Asia Asia Pacific