[an error occurred while processing this directive]
BBC News
watch One-Minute World News
Last Updated: Monday, 16 January 2006, 08:04 GMT
CCTV of murdered lawyer released
CCTV footage of Mr Rhys Pryce at Kensal Green station
Thomas ap Rhys Price planned to get married in September
CCTV pictures of a murdered City lawyer at a train station just minutes before he was stabbed to death by two men have been released by police.

Thomas ap Rhys Pryce, 31, was mugged just yards from his home in Bathurst Gardens, Willesden, north-west London, on Thursday night.

The men attacked him again further up the street as he tried to get away, stabbing his body, hands and head.

It is thought the two men left Kensal Green station 15 minutes earlier.

It is hoped the images will jog witnesses' memories.

Tom ap Rhys Pryce
Mr Rhys Price is thought to have tried to defend himself

Meanwhile, the father of Mr Rhys Price's fiancee Adele Eastman denied quotes attributed to him urging people to carry weapons, that were printed in a Sunday newspaper.

The Mail on Sunday quoted Rod Eastman as saying: "If you value your life and you want to protect yourself on the streets then the only way is to carry a weapon."

A statement from New Scotland Yard said: "Mr Eastman is extremely upset about the article.

"He does not recognise the quotes attributed to him and does not condone anyone carrying a knife or a weapon of any kind."

Mr Rhys Pryce's family said in a statement on Saturday it had been the "happiest time of his life" as he planned for his wedding in September after proposing to Ms Eastman in October.

Fatal wounds

He had rung his fiancee to say he was on his way home to the flat they shared after a night out with friends.

The Cambridge graduate and associate at Linklaters was found at about 2345 GMT and pronounced dead in hospital soon afterwards.

Police said he had been subjected to a "ferocious" and "gratuitous" attack.

Officers think his attackers, who are black and in their late teens or early 20s, may have been hurt as Mr Rhys Pryce had "clearly tried to defend himself".

A post-mortem examination revealed he had been stabbed a number of times, including several fatal wounds to the chest.

The statement from his family said: "It was the happiest time of his and Adele's lives when they became engaged in October 2005."


The BBC is not responsible for the content of external internet sites


Americas Africa Europe Middle East South Asia Asia Pacific