[an error occurred while processing this directive]
BBC News
watch One-Minute World News
Last Updated: Tuesday, 6 December 2005, 15:55 GMT
Jury out in barman murder trial
David Morley speaking to BBC London after the Soho bomb
David Morley had survived the 1999 Soho nail bomb attack
An Old Bailey jury has retired to consider its verdict in the trial of a teenage girl and five male youths accused of murdering a bar manager.

David Morley was beaten on London's South Bank in October last year during an alleged spree of random violence.

The 37-year-old from Chiswick, west London, a survivor of the 1999 Soho nail bomb, later died.

Barry Lee, 20, Reece Sargeant, 21, Darren Case, 18, two 17-year-old boys and a girl, aged 15, all deny murder.

The court has been told that Mr Morley was one victim of a series of attacks carried out around Waterloo and Hungerford bridges, in the early hours of 30 October 2004.

Richard Horwell, prosecuting, told jurors the group were seeking "violence for its own sake".

The girl, who was 14 at the time, kicked Mr Morley's head like a football as he lay on the ground, Mr Horwell said.

After the attack, the gang carried on the crime spree and the girl later filmed their last assault on a mobile phone, the prosecution alleged.

The six youths, three of whom cannot be named for legal reasons, all from Kennington, south London, deny murder, conspiracy to rob and conspiracy to cause grievous bodily harm.




SEE ALSO:


RELATED INTERNET LINKS:
The BBC is not responsible for the content of external internet sites


PRODUCTS AND SERVICES

Americas Africa Europe Middle East South Asia Asia Pacific