A four-year-old girl is recovering after she was bitten by a fox - as she slept in her inner London home.
Jessica was given a course of antibiotics at Whittington Hospital
Jessica Magnier-Brown was left with bruise marks on her arm after the incident.
It is thought the fox entered the house in Tufnell Park through an open patio door at about 2200 BST on Sunday.
Jessica's parents, Richard Brown and Corinne Magnier, heard her screams and went to her first floor bedroom to see the fox run out.
Ms Magnier, 37, said: "I heard her screaming and thought she was having a nightmare so I went upstairs to her room on the first floor.
"Her door was ajar and I saw something coming out of the bedroom.
"It came rushing out. I thought it was a large cat. I couldn't imagine a fox would be in the house.
"Jessica held out her arm. We could see the teeth marks. She was shocked but she was half awake."
She then locked herself and her daughter in the bedroom while Mr Brown pursued the fox.
Jessica was taken to Whittington Hospital where she was given a course of antibiotics.
Usually foxes are timid creatures which rarely attack people, but there have been a small number of similar incidents in recent years.
In July last year a 14-week-old baby was bitten on the forehead as he slept next to his mother in Dartford, Kent.
Fox's garden home
"I was shocked that it could happen," Ms Magnier said.
"I think there may be something wrong with the animal. I just couldn't believe it. When we went to the hospital, they couldn't believe it either.
"Jessica said she remembers feeling something on her shoulders."
Ms Magnier said the fox lived in an overgrown garden in the house next door which is managed by Islington Council, who have promised to clear the back yard and will use an expert team on Friday to get rid of the fox.