There are calls for an inquiry into a multi-million hospital plan in Leicester that collapsed amid recrimination and disappointment.
Plans for the Pathway project were scrapped last month
In July plans for the £711m Leicester Pathway were scrapped when builders added an extra £210m to the price tag.
MPs from Leicester met with health minister Ben Bradshaw on Tuesday to ensure local services did not lose out.
It emerged it may take another year before any new plans to improve NHS care in Leicester come to fruition.
The planned new hospital had been one of the most ambitious NHS-private finance construction projects in the country.
Leicester East MP Keith Vaz said: "Derby has a new hospital, Nottingham's hospitals have been completely refurbished and it's now our turn.
"And we will need to make sure that we have a firm commitment that this will happen."
He said he also would ask spending watchdogs to investigate what happened to the £23m which was spent before the project was put on ice.
The Leicester Hospitals Trust declined to be interviewed.
However it said its "commitment to investing in these hospitals hasn't changed but it has to be at the right price... we are now working with other NHS organisations, doctors and nurses and soon the public on a new vision for healthcare in the region".
The spokesperson added the Trust was still rated "excellent" by the Healthcare Commission.
The consultations start next spring on Plan B for healthcare in Leicester.