A 10-year-old boy is in hospital with serious burns after a prank inspired by cult TV programme Jackass went wrong.
The stunt was videoed for 15-year-old Michael Davies' website
Joe Armstrong from Lancashire was engulfed in flames when he jumped over a fire after seeing a similar stunt on the MTV show.
He suffered burns to his chest and thighs after petrol was apparently squirted on to the flames.
Joe's parents have called for the show to be banned, but Channel 4 has said Jackass was shown responsibly.
Joe, from Darwen, is being treated at Booth Hall Children's Hospital and will be scarred for life.
Joe's friend, 15-year-old Michael Davies, was filming the stunt for his own website.
The site mimics the Jackass programme, which shows people carrying out dangerous stunts.
On Wednesday Michael said there would be no further stunts and that the website would be closed down.
"He's like my little brother and he's a little kid as well," he said.
Joe's mother, Allyson Hughes, says it is time Jackass and similar programmes were taken off air.
"Just stop it, ban it. How would they like their children in this position that I am, going what I'm going through."
In a statement Channel 4 said: "Jackass is always shown well after the watershed, when young children are not expected to be watching.
"In addition, at the start of each programme strenuous targeted warnings are issued."
Police said parents needed to be more aware of what their children and have launched an investigation into the incident.