Haniska Pett died after taking contaminated cocaine
The mother of a hairdresser who died after taking cocaine is appearing in a national television advert made by Kent Police warning of the dangers of drugs.
Haniska Pett, 20, of Gravesend, died last October after suffering a fit when she took the drug at a friend's house.
The cocaine had been mixed with ecstasy producing a lethal cocktail.
Angela Pett said the advert was one way of using Haniska's death as something positive. "I don't want anyone else's daughter or son to die," she said.
'Real life story'
In the advert, which is part of Kent Police's cocaine awareness campaign, Mrs Pett tells of how her life has been "turned upside down" over the past year and urges youngsters not to "ruin their lives".
Assistant Chief Constable Andy Adams said the public wanted to hear about real life stories.
"And this is a real life story [about] a very brave lady and her family that have come forward and Angela is really helping us to promote the message around drug-related crime."
Mrs Pett said her daughter had "no idea" she could die from taking cocaine.
"Normally what's in those little packets is about 5% cocaine. The rest could be anything from worming tablets through to baby powder to what killed Haniska, which was MDMA, which is ecstasy," she said.
The advert is due to be broadcast for the first time on Thursday evening on ITV1.