Former cage fighter Paul Allen admitted three charges of conspiracy
A former cage-fighter has admitted his part in the £53m raid on a Securitas depot in Kent, ahead of a retrial.
Paul Allen, 31, of Chatham, Kent, pleaded guilty to conspiracy to kidnap, conspiracy to commit robbery and conspiracy to possess a firearm.
He admitted the charges at Woolwich Crown Court on the basis that he did not enter the depot or kidnap Securitas manager Colin Dixon and his family.
He also said he did not handle or obtain any firearms.
Allen's plea was also accepted on the basis that he was working for his best friend and fellow cage-fighter Lee Murray and "did his bidding" in the planning of the Tonbridge robbery.
Outside court, Roger Coe-Salazar, chief crown prosecutor for Kent, said: "The Securitas robbery was meticulously organised and we have never had any doubts that Paul Allen played a pivotal role in the planning and execution of it."
Allen, who is due to be sentenced next Monday, also said his only benefit from the crime was property in Morocco.
The court heard the pair fled to Morocco in February 2006 after the raid - Britain's biggest cash robbery.
Roger Coe-Salazar of the CPS: "We intend to track down the remaining millions"
Allen went on trial after being arrested and extradited to the UK.
Jurors were told the robbery was masterminded by Lee Murray who is still in Morocco.
On Monday, Kent Police said he had been interviewed by Moroccan police and legal proceedings were moving through the Moroccan judicial system.
Police have found £21m of the stolen cash haul.
Mr Coe-Salzar said: "This is not the end of the story.
"Working with Kent Police, we intend to track down the remaining millions and bring any outstanding offenders to justice.
"We are currently working in close cooperation with the Moroccan authorities in their judicial inquiry into Lee Murray."
Allen had been due to face a retrial at Woolwich Crown Court on Monday, after an Old Bailey jury failed to reach a verdict in January and was discharged.
The robbery took place at a Securitas depot in Kent in 2006
In his first trial, prosecutor Sir John Nutting QC said the robbers planned and executed the raid with "military precision".
Depot manager Colin Dixon and family were kidnapped at gunpoint by men posing as police officers to allow the gang to gain entry.
Fourteen staff members were also tied up at gunpoint as robbers loaded cash into a lorry during the raid.
During a trial which saw five people jailed in January 2008 for their parts in the crime, the Old Bailey heard that the terrified family and workers had suffered long-term and life-changing effects after being confronted by the armed men.
Judge Mr Justice Penry-Davey said the Dixon family had lost their home, work, and friends, and had been made to start their lives again.
This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so.