Page last updated at 09:04 GMT, Tuesday, 22 July 2008 10:04 UK

Woman rescued from sheltered flat

A 70-year-old woman had to be rescued by firefighters after becoming trapped by a blaze in her flat in a block of sheltered accommodation in Kent.

Six appliances went to the ground-floor flat, in Littlebrook Manor Way, Dartford on Monday evening. The woman was suffering from smoke inhalation.

The ground floor and first floor of the three-storey building were damaged by the heavy smoke.

Fire crews searched the rest of the flats but found no other casualties.

Kent Fire and Rescue Service said the cause of the fire was believed to be accidental.




RELATED INTERNET LINKS
The BBC is not responsible for the content of external internet sites


FEATURES, VIEWS, ANALYSIS
Has China's housing bubble burst?
How the world's oldest clove tree defied an empire
Why Royal Ballet principal Sergei Polunin quit

BBC iD

Sign in

BBC navigation

Copyright © 2017 BBC. The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites. Read more.

This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so.

Americas Africa Europe Middle East South Asia Asia Pacific