Lawyers acting for Maxine Carr have said they will challenge any attempt to overturn the injunction which protects her privacy.
Maxine Carr has received death threats
The statement follows Carr's first interview since her arrest in 2002.
She revealed to the Mail on Sunday her fear of being attacked and how a simple trip to the shops was now an ordeal.
Legal experts believe the interview may have breached a court order stopping the 27-year-old's identity and whereabouts from being revealed.
But Carr's lawyers argue that she cannot break an injunction which was put in place to protect her.
Her solicitor Roy James said his client did not disclose any details which revealed her whereabouts or her new identity.
"We regard the injunction to remain in force and any application to discharge it will be contested vigorously," he said on Monday.
In the interview she stated she "never had any idea" her former boyfriend Ian Huntley had killed Jessica Chapman and Holly Wells when she lied to police.
The former classroom assistant served 21 months of
a 42 month jail sentence for perverting the course of justice and was released from jail in May.
She had provided a false alibi for Huntley by telling police she was with him in August 2002 when he murdered the 10-year-old girls in Soham, Cambridgeshire.
Carr was quoted by the paper as saying: "I was stupid and lied but I never had any idea what he had done. "
The Mail on Sunday said the brief interview was unplanned and was not paid for.
Earlier this month, Carr's legal team succeeded in tightening a court
injunction which prevents details of her new life being revealed.