The women are thought to have eaten poisonous death cap mushrooms
A woman who died after eating wild mushrooms was visited by a GP a day before she died, an inquest has heard.
Amphon Tuckey, 39, was found dead at a house in Carisbrooke High Street, Newport, Isle of Wight, on Wednesday.
Her niece Kannika Tuckey, who told police they had picked and eaten death cap mushrooms, has suffered liver damage and is in a critical condition.
It was heard a GP prescribed drugs to Amphon for gastroenteritis on Tuesday after she complained of stomach pains.
She ate the mushrooms with Thai sausages on Monday afternoon, the inquest heard.
That night she complained of stomach pains, vomiting and diarrhoea.
An ambulance was called but paramedics, who said she was probably suffering from food poisoning, were not told about the mushrooms, it was heard.
A GP visited the next morning and issued a prescription for gastroenteritis.
The inquest heard she fell out of bed later that night and was found dead on Wednesday morning.
But the coroner said it was only after her death that the niece told doctors the pair had eaten the mushrooms.
Initial toxicology results have indicated the Thai sausages were not to blame for the death but it could take up to three months for the full analysis to be completed.
The inquest was adjourned to be fixed at a later date.