[an error occurred while processing this directive]
BBC News
watch One-Minute World News
Last Updated: Wednesday, 15 February 2006, 17:08 GMT
Hot pants spark Valentine's fire
Firefighters have issued a warning about using candles after a man's underpants caught fire while a young couple "celebrated" Valentine's Day.

Crews were called to the house in Henstead Road, Southampton, shortly before midnight on Tuesday after the blaze started in the bedroom.

The discarded pants had caught fire on a nearby candle while the couple were enjoying a Valentine's Day liaison.

One person was rescued from another bedroom which had become smoke-logged.

A spokeswoman for Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service said: "We would like to send out a message reminding people of the dangers of unattended candles."

Fifteen firefighters, two fire engines and a special equipment unit attended the incident.


RELATED INTERNET LINKS:
The BBC is not responsible for the content of external internet sites


PRODUCTS AND SERVICES

Americas Africa Europe Middle East South Asia Asia Pacific