[an error occurred while processing this directive]
BBC News
watch One-Minute World News
Last Updated: Sunday, 19 December, 2004, 15:24 GMT
Hamsters perish in burning home
Five hamsters died in a fire which broke out in a house at Mangotsfield near Bristol on Saturday night.

It is believed that a tea-light candle, burning in an upstairs bedroom, set light to some paper.

An Avon Fire Brigade spokesman said crews stopped the flames spreading downstairs, but much of the first floor is badly damaged.

Red Cross volunteers and the social services are said to be working to help re-house the family.




RELATED INTERNET LINKS:
The BBC is not responsible for the content of external internet sites


PRODUCTS AND SERVICES

News Front Page | Africa | Americas | Asia-Pacific | Europe | Middle East | South Asia
UK | Business | Entertainment | Science/Nature | Technology | Health
Have Your Say | In Pictures | Week at a Glance | Country Profiles | In Depth | Programmes
Americas Africa Europe Middle East South Asia Asia Pacific