Homeowners have failed in a High Court bid to enlarge the compensation scheme for properties blighted by a planned second runway at Stansted Airport.
BAA wants to boost passenger capacity at Stansted airport
Takeley Parish Council led the application for a judicial review of the airport's proposed compensation.
Residents said the scheme applied to about 500 homes near to the airport, but should apply to 12,000.
But the judge ruled the Takeley case "unarguable" and refused the council permission to seek a judicial review.
On Wednesday, Richard Gordon QC, appearing for Takeley, argued the scheme wrongly relied on a "noise contour" to define the area of general blight and those entitled to compensation.
The QC told Mr Justice Lloyd Jones: "It doesn't follow if you lay down a noise contour all properties affected by generalised blight are in this noise contour."
He said Stansted Airport Plc, which would implement the voluntary Home Owners Support Scheme, had been entitled to use the noise contour as a boundary line for the scheme.