Page last updated at 12:52 GMT, Friday, 22 May 2009 13:52 UK

Blaze after dog switches on oven

A kitchen blaze was caused when a family dog somehow managed to switch on an oven, the fire service says.

Dorset Fire and Rescue were called to the property in Heathcote Close, in Dorchester, Dorset, at 0915 BST and found the house logged with smoke.

A spokesman said the family's pet dog was thought to have somehow switched on the cooker.

Officers extinguished the fire and removed the oven from the house, leaving minor damage to the kitchen.



Print Sponsor


SEE ALSO
Dog saved from river by 999 crews
16 May 09 |  Dorset
Pet cat creates family gas scare
22 Apr 09 |  Hampshire

RELATED INTERNET LINKS
The BBC is not responsible for the content of external internet sites


FEATURES, VIEWS, ANALYSIS
Has China's housing bubble burst?
How the world's oldest clove tree defied an empire
Why Royal Ballet principal Sergei Polunin quit

BBC navigation

BBC © 2014 The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites. Read more.

This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so.

Americas Africa Europe Middle East South Asia Asia Pacific