Page last updated at 06:27 GMT, Wednesday, 4 June 2008 07:27 UK

Woman rescued from bungalow fire

A woman had to be rescued from her Dorset home after a fire broke out in her lounge.

Ten firefighters tackled the blaze in a bungalow in Bedford Road, Weston, Weymouth, on Tuesday night. The woman was taken to hospital.

Dorset Fire and Rescue Service said the cause of the fire is thought to have been an electrical short circuit.

Crews will revisit the area next week to speak to residents in neighbouring homes about fire safety precautions.




RELATED INTERNET LINKS
The BBC is not responsible for the content of external internet sites


FEATURES, VIEWS, ANALYSIS
Has China's housing bubble burst?
How the world's oldest clove tree defied an empire
Why Royal Ballet principal Sergei Polunin quit

BBC iD

Sign in

BBC navigation

Copyright © 2017 BBC. The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites. Read more.

This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so.

Americas Africa Europe Middle East South Asia Asia Pacific