A Dorset hotel was evacuated after a fire broke out in the laundry room.
The blaze started in the ground floor of the 115-bedroom The Heathlands Hotel, in East Cliff, Bournemouth, on Tuesday night.
More than 25 firefighters spent two hours tackling the blaze at the four-storey hotel after initial reports that lives were at risk.
No one was injured in the incident, which the fire service said was believed to have started accidentally.
The laundry room was destroyed in the fire which started at 2100 BST.
A Dorset Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said the likely cause was an overloaded socket.