[an error occurred while processing this directive]
BBC News
watch One-Minute World News
Last Updated: Wednesday, 25 April 2007, 06:28 GMT 07:28 UK
Hotel evacuated in laundry fire
A Dorset hotel was evacuated after a fire broke out in the laundry room.

The blaze started in the ground floor of the 115-bedroom The Heathlands Hotel, in East Cliff, Bournemouth, on Tuesday night.

More than 25 firefighters spent two hours tackling the blaze at the four-storey hotel after initial reports that lives were at risk.

No one was injured in the incident, which the fire service said was believed to have started accidentally.

The laundry room was destroyed in the fire which started at 2100 BST.

A Dorset Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said the likely cause was an overloaded socket.


RELATED INTERNET LINKS
The BBC is not responsible for the content of external internet sites



FEATURES, VIEWS, ANALYSIS
Has China's housing bubble burst?
How the world's oldest clove tree defied an empire
Why Royal Ballet principal Sergei Polunin quit

PRODUCTS & SERVICES

Americas Africa Europe Middle East South Asia Asia Pacific