[an error occurred while processing this directive]
BBC News
watch One-Minute World News
Last Updated: Saturday, 4 June, 2005, 16:26 GMT 17:26 UK
Pet rodents saved from house fire
Two hamsters and a pet rat have been rescued from a house fire in Dorset.

A family fled the house in Laburnum Close, Weymouth, after their faulty dishwasher started a fire in the kitchen on Saturday morning.

Firefighters saved the rodents from the house, which was left badly damaged by smoke. The kitchen was gutted.

Dorset Fire and Rescue Service has praised the family for having smoke alarms fitted, which alerted them to the fire on the first floor.




SEE ALSO:


RELATED INTERNET LINKS:
The BBC is not responsible for the content of external internet sites


PRODUCTS AND SERVICES

News Front Page | Africa | Americas | Asia-Pacific | Europe | Middle East | South Asia
UK | Business | Entertainment | Science/Nature | Technology | Health
Have Your Say | In Pictures | Week at a Glance | Country Profiles | In Depth | Programmes
Americas Africa Europe Middle East South Asia Asia Pacific