Page last updated at 15:06 GMT, Thursday, 27 August 2009 16:06 UK

Two men hurt in tent stoves fire

Two men have been injured in a tent fire in Devon which was started by a gas cylinder attached to two cookers.

The fire broke out in a tent being used as a cooking area by a family at the River Dart Country Park at Ashburton.

The men were taken to Torbay Hospital to be treated for burns to their arms and legs. Their conditions were not life-threatening, ambulance crews said.

The fire broke out when there was a leak of gas from the cylinder when it was being changed over to a new one.

One hose reel was used to cool the 4.5kg butane cylinder and a thermal imaging camera was used to check all was safe after the fire broke out at about 1000 BST, the fire service said.



Print Sponsor


RELATED INTERNET LINKS
The BBC is not responsible for the content of external internet sites


FEATURES, VIEWS, ANALYSIS
Has China's housing bubble burst?
How the world's oldest clove tree defied an empire
Why Royal Ballet principal Sergei Polunin quit

BBC iD

Sign in

BBC navigation

Copyright © 2017 BBC. The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites. Read more.

This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so.

Americas Africa Europe Middle East South Asia Asia Pacific