A victim of Plymouth paedophile William Goad says he is devastated by an Appeal Court ruling not to extend his sentence.
Some of Goad's victims were as young as eight-years-old
Goad, 60, was told he must serve at least six years after sexually abusing young boys over a 40-year period.
A support group for Goad's victims had hoped he would be behind bars for at least 18 years.
Now it means the millionaire businessman could be eligible for parole in six years' time.
Goad, of Ford Park Road, was jailed for life last October with a tariff of six years and two months, the minimum he must serve before any parole hearing.
Three appeal judges ruled that the sentence was not unduly lenient at a hearing in London on Wednesday.
Lord Justice Kennedy, one of three judges who heard the case, said that despite his appalling crimes, Goad had contributed much to society, collected funds for charity and had been esteemed in the local community in Plymouth.
Gary Way, one of Goad's victims, said: "I think it's a travesty the sentence hasn't been increased.
"He did the charity work to get to children so if anything the sentence should have been increased because it's giving the message to other paedophiles that if they do charity work then their sentence will not be great."
Lord Justice Kennedy added that, despite the many appalling features of the case, Goad was "entitled to proper allowance" for his guilty pleas. His poor health and age had to be considered as did the fact that he had himself been abused in his youth.
But Lord Justice Kennedy emphasised that he will not be released until the authorities are satisfied he poses no threat to the public and, in his case, his life sentence "may mean just that".