Service personnel from Devon have been recognised in the Queen's New Year Honours list.
Cmdr Fanshawe's CBE comes towards the end of his naval career
Commodore James Fanshawe, who is in charge of Devonport's flotilla of ships and submarines, receives a CBE.
An OBE is awarded to Duncan Godefroy, the former managing director of Sutton Harbour Holdings for his services to the community in Plymouth.
Devon's Deputy Chief Fire Officer, Chris Horton, receives the Queen's Fire Service Medal.
Cmdr Fanshawe says receiving the CBE is a huge honour.
He said: "It comes towards the end of my naval career and I consider myself very fortunate. I am also very proud of the men and women who have served with me."
Duncan Godefroy, who receives an OBE for services to the community in Plymouth, said: "Obviously I'm very pleased, but somewhat humbled.
"I've been very fortunate to work with some wonderful people over the years and to be involved with the regeneration of Sutton Harbour.
"The award is wonderful and it's a reflection of very hard work by a great team."
The Farm Crisis Network was vital during the foot and mouth outbreak
Brian Warren, from Copplestone, is given the MBE for his work with the Farm Crisis Network, which helps farming families and was a vital lifeline during the foot and mouth outbreak.
Mr Warren said: "I am pleased the work of Farm Crisis Network in Devon has been acknowledged, but embarrassed because it's awarded to me and I don't feel worthy of it.
"In Devon, we work as a team, acknowledging our different abilities, so I would like to thank the team for all they do."
The New Year Honours List pays tribute to the outstanding achievement by people from across the British Isles.
Full Honours list for Devon
Michael Charleston from Yelverton. Honorary secretary, South West Rivers' Association. For services to salmon and wildlife conservation.
- Duncan Godefroy JP from Plymouth. For services to the community.
- Robert Hutley from East Looe, Cornwall. Justices' chief executive for Devon and Cornwall. For services to the administration of justice.
- Surgeon Captain Alisdair Walker, consultant vascular surgeon based at Derriford. For outstanding performance as a consultant surgeon to the MoD's hospital unit.
Bruce Bailey from Torquay. Former area operations manager, Inland Revenue.
- Robert Beales from Exeter. Formerly higher executive officer and chair, trade union side, Rural Payments Agency.
- Stanley Chilcott from Exeter. For services to the community in Silverton.
- Mrs Marjorie Dix from Barnstaple. For services to the Myasthenia Gravis Association.
- Charles Duggleby from Torquay. Broadcaster and journalist. For services to financial services.
- Miss Bridget Eccles from Kingsbridge. Clerk, Churchstow Parish Council. For services to the community.
- Brian Warren from Copplestone. For services to agriculture in Devon.
- Robert Williams from Yelverton. Probation officer. For services to the National Probation Service in Devon and Cornwall.
Queen's Fire Service Medal
Christopher Horton. Deputy Chief Fire Officer, Devon Fire and Rescue Service.