[an error occurred while processing this directive]
BBC News
watch One-Minute World News
Last Updated: Thursday, 1 September 2005, 15:55 GMT 16:55 UK
Sick cat causes major house fire
A pet cat caused a house fire after a TV caught light when he was sick on it.

Julie Morris' property in Byron Street, Normanton, Derby, was seriously damaged in the blaze in the early hours of Wednesday.

The fire spread from the TV to the living room when Felix the cat was sick. The rest of the property was left smoke damaged.

Ms Morris, who had no house insurance, and her pet managed to escape from the fire unharmed.

The cost of the repairs are not yet known and Ms Morris has been left temporarily homeless.

Paw pet cat starts kitchen fire
21 Aug 05 |  Manchester

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external internet sites


Americas Africa Europe Middle East South Asia Asia Pacific