Clergy from Coventry Cathedral have presented a cross of nails to a German church in memory of the allied bombing raid on Dresden 60 years ago.
The Dresden cathedral was left in ruins for decades as a war memorial
The devastating attack damaged the central part of the city in 1945, killing about 35,000 people.
Representatives of the cathedral, itself gutted by Nazi bombs in 1940, made the presentation at a service at the Frauenkirche on Sunday.
The Dresden cathedral was left in ruins for decades as a war memorial.
More ceremonies are being held at the Heidefriedhof cemetery, where thousands of the dead are buried.
The bombing remains a controversial event in the history of World War II.
The reconstruction of the Frauenkirche - or Church of our Lady - was only completed last year.