A 52-year-old disabled woman has died in a house fire in Coventry.
Firefighters were called to the house in Proffitt Avenue, in Court House Green, just before midnight on Friday.
The woman was in her bed when the fire broke out.
A West Midlands fire service spokesman said he believed the fire was caused by a cigarette.
"When we got to the house we found the woman in her bed surrounded by smoking materials.
"There was a smoke alarm in the house which was working but the woman was bedridden and lived on her own."
He said the fire was contained to the bedroom and the rest of the house was smoke logged.
Crews were at the scene until 0400 BST on Saturday.