No Britons are among the casualties reported in the earthquake
The mother of a Cornish surfer who was in Chile when a huge earthquake struck says she has not heard from him for two weeks.
Perran "Pez" Hall, 32, from Nancledra, arrived in Chile about two weeks ago and was heading for Pichilemu.
He was listed among others as missing on the website of the resort's Surfer's Cottage website.
His mother Judith told BBC News he had last called her when he arrived in Santiago.
Mr Hall had arrived in Chile at the start of a three-month surfing holiday.
He had been due to go to Pichilemu, a surfing resort about 200 miles (321km) north of the earthquake's epicentre at Concepcion.
Mrs Hall, 63, who runs a souvenir shop in St Ives, said she had been told by resort officials that there had been no casualties in Pichilemu.
"I am concerned because I'm not 100% sure that's where he is.
"A lot of the communications systems are down.
"But I know he will get in touch as soon as he can."
Perran works during the summer in the UK at his mother's gift shop and spends the winter months surfing abroad.
Mrs Hall said: "He's an experienced traveller and very resourceful.
"I feel he is in a good place because there is a cliff between the sea and the town and there are few big buildings."
The Foreign and Commonwealth Office has traced 170 Britons so far in Chile, all safe, with no reports of British casualties.
Saturday morning's 8.8-magnitude quake killed at least 723 people.