A poisonous plant which can cause painful blistering of the skin has been found growing in a residential area.
Notices have been erected around Orton Longueville in Peterborough, Cambs, warning residents to keep clear of the Giant Hogweed plants.
Contact with the plant's sap can leave the skin sensitive to sunlight. The skin is then susceptible to severe burns, swelling and blistering.
The city council said action was being taken to remove the plant.
It has advised anyone who comes into contact with Giant Hogweed to wash their skin with soap and water straight away and to keep it covered up and away from sunlight.
Tony Chapman, head of property services for the city council, said, "We have taken urgent action to alert the public that Giant Hogweed is growing in the area and will be clearing the site very shortly.
"Giant Hogweed has to be removed in a safe and controlled way and disposed of at landfill site as it is classed as controlled waste."
He added, "In the meantime the public are advised to keep to footpaths and to keep children and animals under strict control in the area."