[an error occurred while processing this directive]
BBC News
watch One-Minute World News
Last Updated: Friday, 9 December 2005, 15:44 GMT
Aardman fire caused by electrics
Firefighters' footage of the blaze which wrecked Aardman Animations' warehouse
The warehouse contained Aardman Animations' archive
Fire investigators say the blaze which destroyed the Aardman Animations warehouse on 10 October was caused by an electrical fault.

They believe a faulty CCTV system or water heater was to blame for the fire which destroyed the entire collection of Wallace and Gromit props and models.

Firefighters spent several days damping down the remains of the building.

The warehouse contained a collection built up over 30 years and included props, models, scenery and awards.

The two-month investigation found the fire had started accidentally in a ground-floor office in the Grade-II listed building.

An Avon Fire and Rescue spokesman said: "Despite the devastation we saw that day, the investigation has been able to pinpoint the fire to an office on the ground floor of the building.

"The cause of the fire was an electrical fault with an appliance. Arson has been ruled out."




SEE ALSO:
Fire team enters Aardman building
22 Oct 05 |  Bristol/Somerset
Aardman props fire probe begins
11 Oct 05 |  Bristol/Somerset
Animation archive up in smoke
10 Oct 05 |  Entertainment


RELATED INTERNET LINKS:
The BBC is not responsible for the content of external internet sites


PRODUCTS AND SERVICES

Americas Africa Europe Middle East South Asia Asia Pacific