The father of two children who died from carbon monoxide poisoning while on holiday in Corfu has learned he has been permanently brain damaged.
Neil Shepherd has learned he has suffered permanent brain damage
Christi Shepherd, seven, and her brother Bobby, six, from Horbury, West Yorkshire, died after being overcome by fumes in their hotel last October.
Their father Neil told the BBC he had suffered permanent brain damage, which had resulted in short-term memory loss.
His partner Ruth Beatson is still awaiting results of medical tests.
All four were staying in a bungalow at the Corcyra Hotel in Corfu when they were overcome by fumes from a faulty gas-fired water heater.
A faulty boiler has been blamed for the children's' deaths
Mr Stephenson and Ms Beatson both collapsed and went into a coma, and were found the following morning by a chamber maid.
Since the tragedy, both have suffered problems, including short-term memory loss.
Mr Shepherd said: "We have lost our children, that is hard enough, and we have got health problems to worry about for the rest of our lives."
Ms Beatson said the couple often forgot conversations just minutes after having them.
She said: "We forget silly things. We can have a conversation with each other or on the phone and a minute later we have forgotten what we were talking about.
"I will come off the phone and Neil will say 'what did they say?' I can't tell him because I can't remember."