Page last updated at 16:37 GMT, Saturday, 20 February 2010

In-laws discharged after Wokingham carbon monoxide leak

The mother and father-in-law of a woman who died after a carbon monoxide leak at her home have been discharged from hospital after also breathing in fumes.

Katie Haines, 31, was discovered by her husband Richard, along with his parents Gordon and Jackie, inside their home in Wokingham, Berkshire.

His parents have now been released from Royal Berkshire Hospital following the tragedy on Thursday.

A post-mortem examination found Katie died of carbon monoxide intoxication.

Thames Valley Police and the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) are working together as part of the investigation to establish how the tragedy happened.

Mr Haines tried to resuscitate his unconscious wife, who was a press officer for Oxford University, when he arrived home from work and made the discovery.

The couple, who married in December, were described by Mrs Haines's parents as "the perfect couple".

Mrs Haines was a former journalist for the Sunday Times and the Daily Express newspapers, and graduated from Manchester University with a degree in English and French.



Print Sponsor


SEE ALSO
Carbon monoxide killed newlywed
19 Feb 10 |  Berkshire

RELATED INTERNET LINKS
The BBC is not responsible for the content of external internet sites


FEATURES, VIEWS, ANALYSIS
Has China's housing bubble burst?
How the world's oldest clove tree defied an empire
Why Royal Ballet principal Sergei Polunin quit

BBC navigation

BBC © 2014 The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites. Read more.

This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so.

Americas Africa Europe Middle East South Asia Asia Pacific