Page last updated at 13:24 GMT, Thursday, 18 December 2008

Hamsters and snails die in fire

Hamsters and African snails have died in a fire which started in a house's utility room in Buckinghamshire.

Two fire engines were called to the scene of the fire at Seven Drive, Newport Pagnell, near Milton Keynes, at about 0900 GMT.

Firefighters used breathing apparatus and hose reel jets to try and contain the blaze.

The fire was contained and eventually put out but a total of two hamsters and 50 African snails died in the blaze.

Print Sponsor


RELATED INTERNET LINKS
The BBC is not responsible for the content of external internet sites


FEATURES, VIEWS, ANALYSIS
Has China's housing bubble burst?
How the world's oldest clove tree defied an empire
Why Royal Ballet principal Sergei Polunin quit

BBC navigation

BBC © 2014 The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites. Read more.

This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so.

Americas Africa Europe Middle East South Asia Asia Pacific