Page last updated at 13:27 GMT, Wednesday, 10 February 2010

Curry poisoning victim's 999 call

Advertisement

A recording has been released of a 999 call made by a man who was fatally poisoned by his ex-girlfriend.

Lakhvinder Cheema, 39, of Feltham, west London, told the operator that he feared Lakhvir Singh, 45, had put poison in his curry.

He died while his fiancee, Gurjeet Choongh, 22, fell seriously ill after eating the meal in January 2009.

SEE ALSO

Story Tools

BBC navigation

BBC © 2014 The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites. Read more.

This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so.

Americas Africa Europe Middle East South Asia Asia Pacific