A GP whose father was accidentally given a lethal overdose by a German doctor providing out-of-hours NHS care has called for changes to the service.
Dr Daniel Ubani gave David Gray 10 times too much painkiller while working for a Cambridgeshire health trust.
He was given a nine-month suspended sentence in Germany for negligence over the death of Mr Gray, 70, in 2008.
Mr Gray's son Stuart, of Kidderminster, Worcs, said the "risks" of out-of-hours doctor services should be made public.
Meanwhile an investigation by BBC's Newsnight has established that best policy guidelines were not followed by the company which employed Dr Ubani.
The Care Quality Commission is investigating and the company, Take Care Now, says the issue will be addressed at Mr Gray's inquest.
Dr Ubani came to the UK to make extra money and told investigators he was tired after his week working in cosmetic surgery in Germany.
The BBC has learnt that the Crown Prosecution Service wanted the doctor to face a manslaughter charge in the UK, but the courts in Germany dealt with him.
I just feel it is my duty to let the public be made aware of the risks they are currently exposed to in out-of-hours care in this country from foreign doctors
Dr Stuart Gray
He was fined £4,500 for causing death by negligence.
Dr Stuart Gray said: "It wouldn't happen with a British qualified general practitioner.
"They would have realised that 100mg of diamorphine is a lethal dose, as would a student nurse."
Dr Gray said Dr Ubani, "appears to be poorly trained and not adequately qualified to do UK general practice".
He said that 15 months on "nothing seems to have changed and if you call an out-of-hour doctor tonight there is nothing, as far as I'm aware, to stop it happening again to somebody else".
"I just feel it is my duty to let the public be made aware of the risks they are currently exposed to in out-of-hours care in this country from foreign doctors," added Dr Gray.
He said not all foreign doctors were putting people's lives at risk, but there would be "others out there who haven't got the knowledge and could be dangerous to the British public".
The Care Quality Commission (CQC) has said it will investigate the case and the service provided by firm Take Care Now.
BBC's Newsnight programme has established that Take Care Now, which was contracted by the primary care trust, had supplied the doctor with an emergency medicine bag containing three different-sized vials of diamorphine.
This practice was against government guidelines.
The CQC is to decide the precise scope of its inquiry in the next few days.
Christine Braithwaite, head of investigations and enforcement at the CQC, said: "This is a deeply disturbing case and one that must be thoroughly looked into."
Ms Braithwaite said all these issues would be examined to ensure the interests and safety of patients were properly safeguarded.
The chief executive of NHS Cambridgeshire, Chris Banks, said: "This doctor failed Mr Gray and his family. That is something we deeply regret."
He also said the trust was disappointed the doctor would not be facing a British court.
Sandra Barnes says she was given the wrong treatment by Dr Ubani just before he went on to administer to David Gray
This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so.