Jonathan King is to be released from prison on parole on 29 March, according to his lawyer and the Parole Board.
King has served less than half his seven year sentence
The disgraced pop mogul, 60, was jailed for seven years in November 2001 for offences against children.
His lawyer, Giovanni di Stefano, said he had been told the Maidstone Prison inmate was being considered "suitable for early release on licence".
The Parole Board said King was granted parole 10 days ago and there had been no new information to change that.
King was convicted of four indecent assaults and two serious sexual offences against boys aged 14 and 15, after an investigation by Surrey Police.
The offences were committed between 1983 and 1989.
He denied the charges at his trial and has never admitted his guilt.
Last month, Mr di Stefano said King hoped to see his conviction quashed.
Newspaper reports had suggested King's victims had been told he had not been granted early parole and would have to serve his full term unless he accepted his guilt.
Mr di Stefano, who said last month he had expected King to be released within weeks, said the reports were wrong.
The lawyer said: "Parole has been granted, Mr King will be released on 29 March - not the 28th because that's Easter Monday.
"He will be released at 8.30 in the morning from HM Prison Maidstone, he has fulfilled the criteria."
Mr di Stefano had previously said his client was anxious to be let out to be with his elderly mother, who he had not seen for two years.
The Parole Board spokesman said: "We can confirm that he was granted parole about 10 days ago.
"We have had no approach, or further information which would lead us to change that decision."