A Briton who died in a car bomb attack in Saudi Arabia was unlawfully killed, an inquest has ruled.
The men were accused of being behind "bootleg booze" bombings.
Christopher Rodway, 47, from Salisbury, Wiltshire, was driving in Riyadh on 17 November 2000 when the blast occurred.
In 2001, two Westerners faced public beheading for his murder, but were later granted clemency and released.
At an inquest in Trowbridge Town Hall on Tuesday, Wiltshire coroner David Masters confirmed the cause of death as injuries caused by an explosion.
Recording a verdict of unlawful killing, Mr Masters described the event as "an horrific bolt out of the blue".
Attending the hearing was Dr William Sampson, 45, from Penrith, Cumbria, who, along with Sandy Mitchell, from Glasgow, was originally convicted of Mr Rodway's murder.
The two were shown on Saudi TV in February 2001 apparently confessing to the bomb attack.
The men claimed they had been tortured into confessing, claims which were denied by the Saudi authorities.
The pair, along with a group of other Westerners, were said to have been behind what became known as the "bootleg booze" bombings.
The authorities said the bombings were part of a turf war to gain control of the illegal trade of alcohol in the kingdom.
In August 2003, all six were released by Saudi's King Fahd.